Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Soooo 03 and 15..... not the same thing

We originally thought our flight out of São Luís to Fortaleza left at 3:40pm. Luckily Manuella mentioned that she thought it was in the morning as when she looked at our itinerary it did not say 15:40. Convinced there was NO WAY our flight would leave at 3:40am we signed online to check the time. Sure enough it read 03:40....SHIT! After the game we went back to our hotel to take a quick power nap from about 7pm to 1am. When we got to the airport we were surprised to discover that it was packed. I guess early moring flights are common here.

After arriving in Fortaleza Mads and I had to spend three hours attempting to sleep in the airport (see prior post). This is because Mads' friend Rafaela's mom was picking us up from the airport and we felt bad having her come at 5am so we lied and said the flight got in at 9am.

This leads to the funny story on how we came to stay with Rafa's parents, Celina & Rodrigo (told by Mads):Ok so the plan was that I was to call Rafaela's mom, Selena after the game to figure out with her the airport pickup. Rafa had told me that she would call her mom first to let her know who I was etc. Since Vandria and I started pre-partying at 10 am for the big game Brazil v. North Korea you can imagine I was in great form to make a phone call after the victory. When we finally got back to the hotel I called Selena and to my surprise she had no idea who I was. Talk about an awkward phone call hahaha basically I was informing her that I would be staying at her house with a friend for an undetermined amount of time. Selena being the cutie pie that she is insisted she pick us up at the airport and no way we could take a cab....talk about faith! Later on I received a message from Rafa apologizing that she hadn't called her mom earlier as she got carried away with the excitement of the game. However she explained who I was and that it's all good. Long story short her family is amazing and offered for us to stay the whole three months of our trip hahahhaha love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment