Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jouliette está comprometida!!!!

Jouliette met Mariano while she was studying abroad in Buenos Aires.  After finishing college four years ago, she returned and the two have been together ever since.   I am not exaggerating when I say, they are probably one of my favorite couples that I know.  The are absolutely perfect for one another.   So when they came back from their two-week vacation to the north of Brazil, I was so happy to hear that they were engaged!!

Immediate celebrations ensued.  The first night we went to a pizza place in the centro, Pizza Piola.  I am not a huge fan of the pizza here, (it usually has too much cheese and not enough sauce) but this place was amazing!  Get seven girls together and it’s already going to be a loud dinner.  Add amazing news and it becomes a non-stop gabfest, interrupted by several wine and champagne cheers of course!  We all wanted to know every detail about how he proposed, etc…
Ash was in town for work and got to partake in all the festivities


Celebrations continued later that week at a great Mexican restaurant in Las Cañitas - Lupita.  Jackie and Jouliette had frequented this place in the past for their Thursday ladies’ night all-you-can-drink champagne special.  Sadly this promotion had ended.  However, we were able to sweet talk the waiter into brining us two free bottles of champagne.  We were celebrating after all! 

They plan to have their wedding in Mar del Plata next March.  I am SOOOO excited.  I have heard Argentine weddings are so much fun and usually go until 7am!  I am also really excited to be returning to Buenos Aires.  Knowing that I would be returning in less than a year has made it a lot easier for me to leave now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment